Monday, February 21, 2011

WEEK 7: PRINCIPLES FROM READINGS

PRINCIPLE 1- Matthew 19:24 “...a camel go through the eye of a needle...” The first time that I read this scripture, I had imagined a large camel starring at a needle... And I thought this was going to be impossible. But James E. Talmage gives us further insight. 
In order to enter into the kingdom of God, we must strip ourselves of all worldly possessions.
PRINCIPLE 2- Luke 16:13 “...No servant cane serve two masters...” We cannot serve God and Mammon(Bible dictionary, Mammon- an Aramaic word meaning riches...) I believe it’s getting increasingly harder to  have this separation. I first think of the technology that goes into everything, and how convenient everything is starting to be. I also think of our own little idols that replace God in our lives.
PRINCIPLE 3-  Luke 18:16-17 “...suffer little children...” In order to enter into the kingdom of God, we must become “submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him...” Mosiah 3:19. I love how the bible and the Book of Mormon compliment each other. There are many occasions in which the Lord says in the bible to be as little children, but never an explanation of it. The Book of Mormon does so with ease.

No comments: