Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WEEK 6: PRINCIPLES FROM READINGS

LUKE 10-14
PRINCIPLE 1- Luke 11:17”...a house divided against itself cannot stand...” How true this is in many applications. When ever I think of this principle, my mind goes to sports. I played a lot of sports in high school, football being one. As a team unit we each had our jobs to do and each had the same goal to accomplish. If one player was secretly trying to win for the other team that would effect my entire team greatly. Especially if that traitor was in an important position like a quarter back,  or a free safety. It a guaranty “fall” for the team. So, figure out whose side you’re on and go with the herd.
PRINCIPLE 2- Luke 11:33 “...he hath a lighted candle...” Another good principle that can be applied to several occasions. Of course in context we’re talking about the gospel and sharing it. It being the light to this dark world and having it guide us through our paths. But we could also see it with our talents. If we’re given talents, and we hide them under a bushel...no bueno. We need to show our talents to all around us.
PRINCIPLE 3- Luke 14: 33 “...forsake all he had to become a disciple...” This principle kind of goes a long with last weeks readings. If we are going to dedicate ourselves to the Lord, then do it, and only it. I think about my mission and how wonderful it was to not worry about school, about homework, about finding work. It’s crazy, once I realized that on my mission, I became a better missionary, I wasn’t as tired at the end of the day, the work went smoother. It was just better.

No comments: